This broccoli and corn pasta bowl is one of those recipes that saves the never-ending 'what should I make for dinner tonight' moment. Easy and full of flavor, it's also on the healthier side.
- 2 cups dried pasta (cooked according to packet instructions)
- 1/2 medium broccoli, no stems, cut into chunks
- 2 corn ears (shucked (or use frozen)
- 2-3 Tbs. harissa paste (or sriracha or other spicy red pepper sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup good parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- A drizzle of cream (optional but good if you like spicy but also creamy)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF / 190ºC.
- Put broccoli in an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake 20 minutes, moving around once or twice while cooking.
- Add corn and bake 20 more minutes, until it’s charred but still crunchy. The times given here might be slightly different if using frozen vegetables.
- Drain the pasta and mix with some olive oil (I use the same pot I cooked it in).
- Add parsley, harissa, cheese and mix.
- Add vegetables and mix well.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and cream if using.
Pasta: you can use leftover pasta too (no sauce).
Vegetables: broccoli and corn work wonderful, but other similar vegetables can be used, like cauliflower or zucchini. They can be roasted ahead and refrigerated for a few days. Use fresh corn when in season. It's a great way to use leftover grilled corn.
Storing: this can be stored well wrapped in the refrigerator for a day or two and reheated. Freezing it is also an alternative, it keeps for a month.
Variations: use a different spicy sauce, such as sriracha. Use a different cheese, such as goat cheese crumbled on top. Add bacon, crisp and crumbled on top.
Keywords: roasted vegetable pasta, broccoli corn pasta