- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (at room tº)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- Strawberry jam (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. Grease or line with parchment paper, two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar, until fluffy, a minute or two.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well, until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Alternate the flour mixture in two parts with the milk in one part, just like you would when making a cake. Mix very well, until there are no dry spots.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before using. Or, cover the bowl with plastic wrap first and refrigerate for up to a few days.