Two recipes for wonderful sweet spiced nuts! The recipes are for 1 egg white, so you can double, triple or multiply it at will.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups nuts of choice
- Dash to 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper. Reserve.
- In a bowl lightly beat egg white with sugar and salt until thick and foamy, about 1 minute with a fork or whisk.
- Add paprika and extra ingredients depending on what recipe you're making (recipe 1 or 2, above).
- Add nuts and mix until well coated.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove, stir the nuts with a spatula being careful not to tear the paper, and return to the oven 10-15 more minutes, stirring once more before they're done.
- Remove from oven and immediately stir again so they don't stick while cooling down.
- Let cool completely and store in airtight containers.
Keywords: cocktail nuts