It was pretty magical to suddenly see snow where it’s not supposed to fall.
And I don’t even own this book yet. I really don’t know how that happened, since hoarding cookbooks is one of my favorite things to do.
- 4 cups tangerine juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)
- Mix 1 cup of tangerine juice with the sugar in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl place the remaining 3 cups of juice.
- Add the sugar mixture, the liqueur and stir to mix well. Cover and chill until very cold, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions. It might not be completely thickened.
- Immediately freeze until it’s solid enough to serve.