Spicy and easy to make, this recipe is my favorite with cauliflower.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium tomato (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 Tbs black and yellow mustard seeds
- ½ jalapeño (seeded and minced)
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- Salt (I use coarse salt)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF / 220ºC
- On a small bowl, combine oil, tomato, mustard seeds, jalapeño, ginger and turmeric.
- On a large baking dish toss the cauliflower florets with the flavored oil.
- Season with salt and spread on an even layer.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and barely tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
You can make it ahead and reheat before serving. It lasts for several days in a container with a lid.
Keywords: turmeric ginger cauliflower