Melt the butter and add it to the peas and green beans just before serving. If you do it beforehand the butter will solidify. And that’s no good.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds (I use half white and half black)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups green beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cook peas and green beans in abundant salted water. If using frozen peas defrost according to package directions. Transfer to serving plate or dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet, when it starts to brown add sesame seeds and sugar. Remove from heat.
- Pour over peas and green beans, season with salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.