- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate (melting wafers, callets, chips or chunks) See Notes below
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate and condensed milk in a medium mixing bowl and melt in the microwave or the stovetop. See Notes below.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Add the vanilla and stir again until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread even, tapping the pan on the counter to burst the air bubbles that rise to the top.
- Let solidify at room temperature or chill in the fridge until set. It can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours.
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, slice the fudge into 1-inch pieces. For easier cutting, place the knife under hot water for 10-15 seconds, wipe clean and cut. Do this as often as needed.
- White chocolate chips, callets or bar: I like using melting chocolate, wafers or callets because I find they melt faster and better like Callebaut white chocolate wafers, Mercken's coating melting wafers or Callebaut white chocolate wafers. For chips, I use Ghirardelli white chocolate chips or Nestle Toll house premier white chips. A premium white bar can also work, like Lindt classic candy bar or Ghirardelli premium baking white chocolate bar.
- Two ways to melt the chocolate and condensed milk:
Microwave: melt the ingredients on high for 10 seconds, take out and mix well. Repeat until all the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to scorch it. That's why it's important to mix it well between each heating.
Stovetop: put the bowl with chocolate pieces and condensed milk over a smaller pan with a few inches of water. Over medium heat, let the chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water and that no water gets into the bowl. If the water boils too much before the chocolate is melted, turn the heat off and let the hot vapor melt the remaining chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Candy - Sweets
- Method: Mixing + Refrigerating
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate vanilla fudge