IRISH SODA BREAD WITH RAISINS
SODA BREAD with RAISINS
RAISINS or CURRANTS
Full List Here
1. Stir the dry ingredients in a large bowl and scatter the cold butter pieces on top.
2. Work the butter into the flour mixture until it's roughly the size of peas.
3. Add the raisins and mix until they're coated in flour.
4. Pour almost all of the buttermilk, leaving a few tablespoons in case of adjustments.
5. Mix until no dry spots remain but
do not beat
6. Transfer the soft dough to a floured surface. Dust flour on top of the dough.
7. Working quickly, fold the dough onto itself a few times until you can form a ball.
8. Make a cross with a kitchen knife on top of the loaf cutting half an inch deep, no more.
9. Bake as directed until crusty and golden brown.
10. Enjoy warm with butter for breakfast or tea, and to accompany stews and soups.
TRY THIS NEXT!
4-ingredient IRISH SODA BREAD
4-ingredient Irish Soda Bread
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE RECIPES AND TIPS
Click the logo below