Insanely chocolatey cookies. Use a good 70% chocolate for best results.
- 5.5 oz (160g) semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons (30g) butter
- 1 egg (room tº)
- 2 tablespoons (20g) all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (75g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate.
- Melt HALF the amount with the butter.
- You can do it in the microwave at 5-10’ spurts and mixing it every time, or over a bowl with hot water careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Beat eggs with sugar, vanilla, and coffee in another bowl for 2 minutes, until light and foamy.
- Add melted chocolate to the egg mixture, together with flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix a bit and add the rest of the chopped chocolate.
- Mix until all is incorporated and no streaks remain.
- Drop by teaspoons onto the prepared pans and bake for about 10 minutes.
- They should be shiny, flat and a bit crackled.
- Let cool on a wire rack and carefully
- Keep in airtight containers.
- Category: baking
- Cuisine: American