The perfect and easiest Brownie Muffin recipe you're craving is here! Sweet and full of chocolate flavor, this one bowl recipe can be made in 40 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate, in pieces
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Dulce de leche or Nutella or chocolate buttercream, optional for serving
- Sprinkles or chocolate candy, optional for serving
- Preheat oven at 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter them.
- Melt butter and chocolate (in the microwave or over boiling water not touching the bottom of the bowl).
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well but do not beat.
- Add flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla. Mix well without beating.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out with some moist clumps attached. They should be a little, barely jiggly, just like a brownie.
- Let cool on wire rack before decorating if you want.
- I add dollops of dulce de leche and some chocolate candies. But Nutella and buttercream work great too. Or eat them plain, they’re amazing.
Oven: as with any brownie-like recipe, take them out while still a bit soft in the center. If they are very springy when you tough them, they are somewhat overbaked. They will be amazing anyway, but not as fudgy, more cake-like.
Topping: I use a dab of dulce de leche (because I use it with everything I can), and the candies on top I used to pretty then up for a birthday (and for this post), but they are good on their own, as I mentioned before. A light chocolate glaze (with or without the bourbon) works wonders too.
Freezing: they freeze beautifully. Wrap them well, stock your freezer, defrost at room temperature and warm them in a medium oven before eating.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 26.6 g
- Sodium: 77.8 mg
- Fat: 21.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 103.3 mg
Keywords: brownie muffins