- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Use an airtight container: mason jars, small spice jars, or containers with tight-sealing lids work well. Making sure there is minimal air inside the container prevents moisture and air from degrading the spices.
- Label: write the date you made the spice mix. This helps you keep track of its freshness.
- Store in a cool, dark place: keep the spice mix in a cool, dry, and dark place, away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. A pantry, spice cabinet or cupboard is an ideal location.
- Avoid refrigeration: keeping them in the fridge is not recommended for spice mixes as it can introduce moisture and cause clumping. Spices should remain dry.
- Check for freshness: spice blends can lose their potency over time. While they might not be spoiled, they may be less flavorful. Consider making a fresh batch if you've stored the mix for over a year. Smell the spices before using them.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Basic recipes
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: pumpkin pie spice