- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups watermelon pieces
For the lemonade:
- Watermelon syrup
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Lemon slices and mint sprigs, to serve
- Remove the seeds from the watermelon.
- Chop and place in a food processor or blender.
- Add sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Blend or process well until smooth.
- Strain the syrup and place it in an 8-cup pitcher.
- Add cold water, ice and some lemon slices.
- Stir and taste. Adjust by adding more sugar and/or lemon juice to taste. Stir well to dissolve if adding extra sugar.
- Serve with lemon slices and mint sprigs.
- Organization: read the recipe first and ensure you have ingredients at the correct temperature, equipment, and enough workspace. This will make the process so much easier.
- Simple sugar syrup: you can use it instead of sugar. If you already have some, use 1/2 cup instead of the sugar. If you want to make it, heat 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water, stir it once to mix and let it come to a boil. Let cool completely and use. It keeps in the fridge almost indefinitely. Always in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Freezing lemonade with watermelon: it keeps for a month.
- Stir before serving: The ingredients can settle at the bottom of the jar or pitcher over time. Give it a good stir before serving to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: watermelon lemonade