- 1 avocado
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 canned heats of palm, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Slice the avocado in wedges, and thinly slice the onion.
- Arrange the three ingredients in the plates, in whatever way you want.
- Or simply put them in a large salad bowl, depending on the amount of servings you're making.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Avocado: it should be cut at the last minute to avoid it turning brownish. Or use some lemon or lime juice instead of the balsamic vinegar to help keep it longer.
Hearts of palm: buy a good brand as inferior ones tend to add one or two hard stalks in the mix that you won't be able to use.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 1062.3 mg
- Fat: 46.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: hearts of palm salad, avocado hearts of palm salad