- Chocolate Wafers (via Smitten Kitchen) or use store-bought ones
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups dulce de leche
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee liqueur (optional)
- Mix sour cream and dulce de leche in a medium bowl until smooth.
- In a small shallow bowl, mix coffee and liqueur if using.
- Dip one side of the wafers in the coffee mixture, and arrange in single layer, in the bottom of pan. I use a rectangular one that holds three layers of 8 wafers each.
- Put about 1 ¼ cups sour cream mixture, spreading evenly.
- Repeat with remaining wafers and filling.
- Refrigerate a day. Or two.
The amount of wafers and sour cream mixture is a matter of taste. You can adjust how much of each you use according to how sweet or chocolaty you like it. Of course, store-bought chocolate wafers or plain chocolate cookies can be used.
This dessert needs 1 or 2 days of refrigeration for best results. But you can eat it after a few hours in the fridge. Take that time into account.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigeration
- Cuisine: Argentine
Keywords: chocotorta, chocolate icebox cake