The traditional mac and cheese got updated with three types of cheese, some spice, and a golden top. You can have it ready in under 45 minutes!
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp parmesan or asiago cheese + ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella cheese + ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup crumbled mild blue cheese
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of sriracha sauce or chili powder or whatever hot you like
- Large pinch of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Have ready to medium individual oven ramekins.
- Mix sour cream, milk, ½ cup parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, blue cheese and onion in a bowl.
- Add cooked macaroni, season with salt, pepper, thyme, sriracha and mix well.
- Top with the rest of parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and lastly broil for 5 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Eat immediately.
Keywords: mac and cheese, baked mac cheese