- 2.3 oz (65g) semisweet chocolate, a good one
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) cream or evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) Baileys liquor
- 1 medium banana (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 to 3 fat tablespoons thick dulce de leche or smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) rum or amaretto or coffee liquor, optional
- Melt chocolate with the cream or evaporated milk. I microwave it for 30 seconds, stir it well and another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Put the liquors, banana, and chocolate mixture and dulce de leche or peanut butter in the blender. Blend for about 2 minutes, until very smooth.
- Transfer to a plastic container with lid and freeze for 6 hours, until solid. It doens't become rock solid.
- Keep in the freezer.
The extra tablespoon of rum or other liquor gives it a very strong alcohol flavor, so you might opt to not use it.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 120
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Mixing + Freezing
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: chocolate baileys ice cream