- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup (175g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan boil orange juice with raisins until almost no juice is left, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely. It can be done ahead and kept for a day at room temperature or in the fridge for a few days.
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF/150°C.
- Have ready a square or round 8-inch pie or cake pan with removable bottom.
- In a bowl cream butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add sugar and combine very well.
- Add raisins (with juices) and mix.
- Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly until well combined and no dry spots are visible.
- Dump into the pan, and with lightly floured hands, pat evenly on the bottom.
- Score with a sharp knife without reaching the bottom, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until it turns lightly golden and dries out.
- Let cool on a wire rack and carefully unmold.
- Cut along the lines, and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: raisin shortbread