Thick wedges of pumpkin are roasted with herbs and served with a sprinkle of crumbled goat cheese. A seasonal recipe that lets the vegetable shine! Easy and delicious.
- ½ medium english pumpkin (cut into 1-2 inch wedges)
- 3 o 4 Tbs olive oil
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Dash of cayenne or hot paprika (optional)
- Sage and Thyme (fresh (1 Tbs each) or dried (1 teaspoon each))
- 2 oz (60g) semi-hard goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Arrange the pumpkin wedges on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne if using and herbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and lay them on their sides. Continue baking for 15 more minutes, turn them on the other side and bake for 15 more minutes, or until golden and soft.
- Transfer the pumpkin to the serving platter, scatter goat cheese on top, a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of herbs if you want and serve.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Wedges: cut medium-large wedges as they tend to shrink quite a bit after baking.
- Herbs: I used thyme and sage but innovate with what you have at home.
- Spices: I don't add anything more than some black pepper, but add some hot paprika if you want pumpkin with a kick.
- Cheese: goat cheese is my favorite, but again, innovate with your favorite.
Keywords: pumpkin with herbs, roasted pumkin