- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Butter or spray an 8-inch square baking pan. You can line it with a strip of parchment paper, covering the pan's bottom and two sides. The other two sides will remain unlined but greased. This will help you remove the bars from the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) and mix well. You can sift them before or have the ingredients measured and sift them directly over the butter mixture (my choice).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and combine with a spatula.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth out the top, making sure the dough covers the whole of the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is slightly soft and springs back lightly when tapped.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool before cutting.
- Run a smooth-bladed knife around the edges to loosen up any bit that might be stuck, and lift the whole block with the help of the paper.
- Store leftovers covered or in an airtight container.
- Blondies freeze well and can be mailed easily.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Bars & Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip blondies