- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Grease a 13 by 9-inch pan. I use a smaller one because I like taller bars.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly tapped with fingers.
- Remove pan to a wire rack and let cool before cutting.
- Blondies freeze well and can be mailed easily.