One of best brownies I ever made.
- 1 1/4 cups 175g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 225g unsalted butter
- 6 oz 180g dark chocolate (I use 70% or more), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup 200g dark brown sugar
- 1 cup 200g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or paste
- 4 large eggs (at room tº)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line a 9-inch (20x20cm) square pan with parchment or aluminum paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat being careful not to scorch it, and when almost melted, add the dark brown sugar and mix for 30 seconds.
- Take off the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the sugar and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat by hand until very well mixed.
- Add flour and salt (sifted before, or directly over the chocolate batter) and mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes aprox, until a bit jiggly in the middle. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- They are better the next day in my opinion.
- They keep for a few days and can be frozen up to a month, well wrapped.