Bake your crust and then all you need to do is whip up some mousse and chill. This dessert looks really elegant.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings and sliced almonds, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix crumbs with butter until it looks like wet sand.
- Place mixture in a 9-inch pie pan with removable bottom. Carefully press evenly against bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on wire rack completely.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add milk and cook on medium heat until mixture boils. Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Let it boil 1 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately add chocolate and mint extract. Combine well. The mixture will look like a jello gone bad, don’t worry.
- Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface and let cool to room temperature. You can speed this process by refrigerating it.
- With electric mixer, beat chocolate mixture a bit.
- Add cream and slowly beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Put filling in prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and almonds if desired.
Keywords: chocolate mint mousse pie, chocolate mint mousse pie recipe