- 2 cups cold cream (heavy, whipping, or heavy whipping)
- 1 can (14oz or 397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Beat cold cream until thick but not completely firm.
- Pour into it the sweetened condensed milk and fold in with a spatula or whisk.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth and even colored.
- Pour into a metal pan without a removable bottom (8-inch round or square or 2 medium loaf pans).
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until completely firm.
- Scoop it into bowls and serve with sauces, fresh fruit, or plain.
- Cover with plastic wrap for longer storage.
- Organization: read the recipe first and ensure you have ingredients at the correct temperature, equipment, and enough workspace. This will make the process so much easier.
- Sweetened condensed milk: depending on the country, you might find sweetened and unsweetened (or evaporated milk). Make sure it has sugar.
- Vanilla: make sure you use it unless you want a condensed milk flavor. I use pure vanilla extract or pure vanilla paste when available, but a good vanilla essence (artificially flavored) also works and is infinitely cheaper.
- Container: any metal pan (round, loaf, square) is excellent for storing ice cream in the freezer. Cover them with plastic wrap.
- How to serve vanilla no-churn ice cream: we like to eat it plain, with dulce de leche or chocolate sauce. Fresh fruit, especially strawberries, go very well. Use it to top apple crumb bars, a dump cake, or similar fruit desserts.
- How long does it take for condensed milk ice cream to freeze? It depends on the amount of ice cream and the size and shape of the container, but it usually takes 4-6 hours to be ready to eat. I make it the day before and forget about it.
- How to store it for a more extended period: use an airtight container or cover the one you froze it in with a double layer of plastic wrap.
- Using low-fat or non-dairy alternatives instead of condensed milk: I don't recommend it because the texture and flavor will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing time: 4 hours
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixing + Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 28.8 g
- Sodium: 79.1 mg
- Fat: 25.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 84.1 mg
Keywords: condensed milk ice cream