You can use other citrus and/or berries.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed golden brown sugar
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF /170ºC.
- Lightly butter or spray a non-stick 8 inch round or square pan.
- In a bowl stir flour, sugars, zest and cinnamon.
- Make a hole in the middle, add oil and lemon juice and mix with a fork until flour is evenly moistened and mixture forms clumps. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture.
- To the remaining mixture add egg, sour cream, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.Mix well with an electric mixer until batter is smooth.
- Spread in prepared pan, scatter blueberries on top and sprinkle with reserved cup of crumb mixture.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until dry, golden and a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.