- 1 cup 200g sugar
- ¾ cup 175g firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups 175g all purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- ¾ cup 100g cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (room tº)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup drip coffee (very hot)
- Cream cheese frosting (see recipe)
- Chocolate sauce (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180º
- Butter and flour or spray well with cooking spray, 12 mini bundt molds.
- Sift together sugars, flour, hazelnut flour cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. If any large pieces of hazelnuts or brown sugar don’t go through the sieve, just add them without sifting.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, milk, vanilla and oil for 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, ½ cup at a time, while beating on low speed. Do this slowly so the batter doesn’t develop clumps.
- Heat coffee until almost boiling. Add slowly to the chocolate batter. Mixture will be very thin, almost like crepe batter.
- Fill molds up to ¾ of it’s full capacity. I put the batter in a glass measuring cup so it’s easier to pour.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes for mini bundt and 45 minutes for a big bundt.
- Invert cake onto cooling rack. If cake resists, cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting.
- Cover with a layer of cream cheese frosting, another layer of chocolate sauce and sprinkle with some ground hazelnuts if desired.
Cream Cheese Swirled Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anuradha | Baker Street