The more you give to others (not in an altruistic, stoic way) while trying to achieve whatever you want for yourself, will reap the best benefits. Share and it will come double. That is something I did learn in these ten years.
a good few hours cleaning and washing dishes; then I’m off to another friend’s house to have lunch.
It’s our National Flag Day. Yes, it turns out I was born a patriot.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz 115g cream cheese, room tº
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs chives (chopped)
- Peel onion, cut it in half and then slice thinly.
- Melt butter and oil in skillet, add onion and cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the onion turns soft, brown and caramelized. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and cooled onions.
- Mix well, check for seasoning and mix in chives.
- Serve at room tº with potato chips or toast.