I made White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Truffles because we’re having the first party of the year, and it’s a Chocolate Party!
The recipe calls for salted nuts; I used unsalted and added a pinch of salt. I mixed some finely shredded and coconut flakes to add more texture.
- 8 oz. 225g good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (finely ground (I use the food processor))
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs rum
- ¾ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (toasted)
- Put finely chopped white chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat cream in a small pan just before boiling, and add to the chocolate.
- Let stand 30 seconds and mix until well incorporated. It will be thick.
- Add ground nuts, rum and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Take heaping teaspoons of the mixture, form into a bowl and roll in coconut.
- Chill, covered until ready to serve.