I haven’t done a Vintage Monday in a long time, and though today is Wednesday, I will sneak in some pages and recipes I have been saving to share with you.
My pinterest recipes to try board is overflowing as it usually does. It’s my most used board and the one I really add to not because of the pic but because of the recipe.
- 4 pounds firm peaches (I used both white and yellow peaches)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- Peel and cut peaches into big chunks. You can open them in half, pit them and then cut into fourths, or just cut around the pit (I did this).
- Put the water and sugar in a large saucepan that will hold all the peaches. Open the vanilla beans in half, take the seeds out and put both seeds and beans in the saucepan.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil, add the peaches and cook for about 15 minutes. Check to see that they are soft but not mushy. The time depends on how firm or not your peaches are to start with.
- Meanwhile, have ready sterilized jar or jars. Fill them with the hot peaches first. Then add the syrup and divide the vanilla beans if using many jars.
- Close and let cool at room temperature.
- Keep refrigerated.