A recipe for ice cream that doesn't involve cookie dough, but that has the flavors of our favorite cookie. Creamy and plain delicious, it's a total crowd-pleaser.
In the meantime, I have some sensational ice cream for you. Chocolate chip cookie ice cream.
My food blog is no doubt a priority because food is my passion, and will always be, and this is the perfect way to express myself. So I'm working on it too, establishing priorities within the priorities.
This was my ice cream 'birthday cake' for a friend. Because who doesn't love ice cream for cake and chocolate chip cookie flavor?
It took me a few tries to get to something good enough to post, and I think it will get better with future tries.
I'm still not quite sure this is the recipe for it, but it is the recipe for today. Because it's a darn good one.
And because I have a birthday to celebrate. And what better than ice cream with chocolate chips in bright colored bowls for one of my favorite persons.
Related recipes you might like:
Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe and loved it and if you had issues so we can troubleshoot together. I love to hear what you think, always. Thanks for being here. It's much appreciated.
You might also consider subscribing to our FREE email series to Boost your Home Baking Skills! And our regular newsletter.
And let's connect via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix yolks in a large bowl. Reserve.
- In a saucepan heat milk and both sugars, stirring over medium until it breaks into a boil. Immediately remove from heat, and pour, in a thin stream while you continually whisk, over the yolks.
- Return the mixture to the same saucepan and stir over medium low heat until it thickens, but do not let it boil. It will coat theback of a spoon and leave a path if you draw a finger across it.
- Add softened butter, salt and vanilla paste and mix until it melts completely. Add cream, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Process in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions. Add chocolate chips and keep in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15
- Freezing time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking + freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie ice cream
Adapted from David Lebovitz