The amount of butter and sugar in the bottom is minimal. I like it that way, but you can double or triple it and make a richer cake.
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs light brown sugar
- 10 plums
- 2/3 cup natural yogurt
- ½ cup packed Light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- Zest of ½ orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup hazelnut flour
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC.
- Spray or butter sides of a 9-inch round or square pan with removable bottom.
- Melt butter and spread over bottom of pan. Sprinkle sugar over and arrange half plums over it.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt, brown sugar, olive oil and honey.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add orange zest and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix everything, without over beating.
- Pour into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in wire rack for 10 minutes and carefully unmold onto serving plate. Arrange any plums that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- It keeps for 2 days at room tº.