These dulce de leche brownies are genius.
- 8 Tbs 115g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 oz. 170g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 200g sugar
- 1 cup 140g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with a long sheet of aluminum foil that covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Grease bottom and sides with a bit of butter or non-stick spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in bowl over simmering water, stirring until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sugar, vanilla, then the flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop tablespoonfuls of dulce de leche. With the tip of a knife swirl the spread very slightly; otherwise you wont get the puddle.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The brownies are done when the center feels just slightly firm. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Cool on wire rack.
- These brownies are better the second day, and will keep well for up to 3 days.