If you're wondering what a cookie blondie is, let me tell you there are ground cookies in the batter instead of flour. They're super easy to make and a great recipe to use up leftover plain cookies.
This is one of the strangest recipes I made that turned out well.
Strange because when I read the list of ingredients it looked like there was something missing. Too many dry ingredients, not many binding agents.... something was off.
Well, it was not.
The recipe was as it should be, easy, one bowl and it yielded a perfect snack. No butter, no liquid. And yet, you get a great cookie blondie.
What are blondies?
Blondies are dense squares usually made of a vanilla batter, similar, very much so, to chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a pan. I wonder if that's how they came to be. You know, someone tired of spooning dough onto a cookie sheet just winged it and baked the dough in a pan.
They are referred to as the blonde sister or cousin to brownies, which are similar but dark, or brown.
As brownies do, they usually have add-ins like chopped chocolate or chips and nuts.
If you ever wanted a chewy blondie without butter or liquid this is your kind of recipe.
I used vanilla cookies, but if you want a chocolate cookie blondie or a graham cracker blondie you can easily adapt it. Simply use the cookie of your choice. Just be sure to stick to plain cookies not filled ones.
Instead of reaching for the cookie jar, you reach for the cookie blondie.
I added pecans too, but walnuts or almonds can be used. This is a recipe that needs the add-ins, they are a big part of the success of this recipe.
They are extremely easy to make and I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate unless you have a very strong sweet tooth. They do have an interesting amount of sugar and the cookies add sweetness too, so milk or white chocolates might be too much. Your choice.
They are best eaten the same day they are made.
Related recipes you might like:
Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe and loved it and if you had issues so we can troubleshoot together. I love to hear what you think, always. Thanks for being here. It's much appreciated.
You might also consider subscribing to our FREE email series to Boost your Home Baking Skills! And our regular newsletter.
And let's connect via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Easy Cookie Blondies
These are chewy and sweet bars that use ground cookies instead of flour. No butter and no liquids are used.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 squares
- 2 cups (250g) ground plain vanilla cookies
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 1 cup (200g) dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅔ cups (60g) pecans, chopped
- ⅔ cups (120g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven at 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Butter or spray an 8-inch square pan.
- In a bowl beat eggs until mixed.
- Add ground cookies and sugar and mix well.
- Add nuts and chocolate and mix.
- Put into prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, until a tester comes out almost clean.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- They are best eaten the same day.
- Any flavor of plain cookies can be used.
- Chocolate and graham crackers are good variations.
- Best to eat the same day they are made.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Bars & Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Thank you for leaving a review for this recipe