With only 4 ingredients, this is the easiest white fudge, made in the microwave or stovetop. A very simple recipe that comes together quickly and keeps for weeks. It travels well, is great for gift-giving, and is a crowd-pleaser.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is the easiest fudge ever.
Even though it's Christmas time and this is a fantastic fudge recipe, let me tell you, the whole year is appropriate for this pistachio cranberry fudge.
The thing about fudge, besides being delicious, is that it makes a fabulous gift. Take it to a friend's house or office, or give it to your neighbors.
About this fudge
- Very easy to make: just mix condensed milk with the chocolate, add the cranberries and pistachios, let it harden, and you got yourself some seriously good candy.
- Fast: it takes 30 minutes to prepare and have ready.
- Flavors: the sweetness of the white chocolate and condensed milk, crunchiness and unique flavor of the pistachios with the tanginess of the cranberries make the flavor amazing. And the contrast in color makes it extra festive.
What is fudge?
It's a sugar candy, originally made on the stove with everyday ingredients such as butter, sugar, and milk or cream. You needed a candy thermometer and time to let it cool down.
The possibilities are many, and most of them are delicious.
- Condensed milk: the traditional, old-fashioned, sugary, and thick sweetened condensed milk we all love.
- White chocolate: I like melting wafers (used for candy-making) like Merckens melting white chocolate wafers or Ghirardelli vanilla melting wafers. Or white chocolate baking bars (coverture) such as the Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar or Callebaut Belgian white chocolate.
- Dried cranberries.
- Pistachios: natural or lightly toasted (it deepens the flavor).
What is the best chocolate for fudge?
I like to use melting chocolate (used for candy-making), such as Merckens white chocolate melting wafers that you can buy online. It melts faster and has the best shiny finish. In some parts of the world, it might be labeled as tempered or molding chocolate.
How to make white chocolate fudge
It's very easy!
Melt chocolate with condensed milk in the microwave. It will be similar to thick honey. Add cranberries and pistachios.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap and pour the mixture. Refrigerate as instructed.
Vintage Kitchen tip: you can make this fudge weeks ahead. Leave it in the pan (well-covered), then remove and cut when ready to serve.
- Organization: read the recipe first and ensure you have ingredients at the correct temperature, equipment, and enough workspace. This will make the process so much easier!
- How to refrigerate it: this fudge should be about an inch tall, so choose a pan accordingly. If doubling the recipe, an 8-inch square pan is a good choice. Make sure it's lined so it's easy to remove, and cover it well, especially if making the fudge several days or weeks ahead.
- Uses: send it as a holiday gift, serve it with coffee, or as part of a sweet table. This fudge is perfect any time you want a small sweet treat.
Dried fruit: besides the ones we're already using, you can add candied orange peel or another nut.
Coconut: lightly toasted is better.
Related recipes you might like:
Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe and loved it and if you had issues so we can troubleshoot together. I love to hear what you think, always. Thanks for being here. It's much appreciated.
You might also consider subscribing to our FREE email series to Boost your Home Baking Skills! And our regular newsletter.
And let's connect via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- 1 14-oz can of condensed milk
- 17 oz white chocolate, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup pistachios
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Prepare an 8-inch square pan or loaf pan with a wide base, lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate with condensed milk in the microwave (5-10 second bursts mixing well in between) or on the stovetop over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the pistachios and cranberries. Mix until they're coated in chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top. I do this with my hands, the mixture is thick.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until it’s firm enough to cut.
- Remove from the pan with the help of the plastic wrap or paper.
- Let it stand for a few minutes to soften if it's too hard.
- Eat at room temperature.
- It keeps for a several weeks, well wrapped.
- Add-ins: use any dried fruit and nut combination you like.
- Salty: sprinkle some sea salt after you spread it in the pan before it hardens.
- Plain: this fudge can be made plain.
- Storing: it keeps in the refrigerator for weeks, well wrapped.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Candy - Sweets
- Method: Melting + Refrigerating
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry pistachio fudge